Delicious low carb meatballs with avocado filling.
Ingredients for the recipe
For 12 large meatballs
- 450g lean beef, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- A splash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon fine-grained sea salt
- Ground black pepper at will
- ½ avocado, peeled and cut into 12 cubes
- In a large bowl, mix minced meat, garlic, egg, parsley, Tabasco, salt and pepper.
- Knead the mixture with your hands until well mixed.
- Form the meatballs with a heaping tablespoon of meat mixture and moistened hands.
- Press a cube of avocado into the middle of the meatballs and close. Continue until the whole mass is used up.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Bake the meatballs for about 6 minutes until golden brown.
- Alternatively, bake the meatballs in the oven: preheat the oven to 175 ° C. Lay out a baking tray with aluminum foil and lightly grease with olive oil. Bake for about 25 minutes, turning once until golden brown.
- Serve hot!
Nutritional information: A meatball delivers 103 calories, 7g fat, 1g carbs and 8g protein.